Water Tank Grant Scheme
Provide grants to low income families for the purchase of water tank of capacity 500 to 2000 litres.
New Provisions as from 01 July 2019
As announced in the 2019/2020 budget, Government has increased the grant from Rs 5,000 to Rs. 8000 to also cater for the purchase of a domestic water pump. The eligibility income threshold has also been increased to Rs 50,000.
Accordingly, as from 1 July 2019, families with a gross family income of Rs 50,000 are eligible for a grant of Rs 8,000 to purchase a water tank and a domestic water pump. An applicant may also opt to apply for a water tank only but the grant will be limited to a maximum of Rs 5,000.
Procedures to apply for a grant
The applicant must complete & submit an Application Form our website. (application form below)
After approval, the applicant must present the following document to the DBM Office:
- a copy of the pay slip/s of the applicant and applicant's spouse and any other working adult in the household, (where applicable);
- a copy of the national identity card of the applicant and spouse (where applicable); and
- a copy of the applicant's marriage certificate where applicable.
Note: incomplete Applications Forms will result in delays in the processing of the application for a grant.
Processing of Application Forms
1. The applications and supporting documents are verified by the Central Water Authority for completeness and submitted to the Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities for further processing.
2. All applications are examined and approved (or otherwise) by the Water Tank Grant Scheme Committee which is chaired by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities. The other members sitting on the committee are representatives of the Ministry of Social Integration, Social Security and National Solidarity, the Ministry of Commerce and Consumer Protection, the National Empowerment Foundation, and the Central Water Authority.
3. Once an application for a grant is approved, the Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities will issue a Letter of Approval to the applicant who is given a period of three months to purchase the water tank and water pump. In case an application is rejected, the applicant is informed accordingly in writing.
Note: Applicants who do not receive a reply within two months as from the date of application should report the matter to any of the Central Water Authority Customer Service Office.
Criteria for Eligibility
Gross family income should not exceed Rs 50,000 per month. Family income includes income of applicant, spouse and other working adults living under the same roof. Old age pension, (that is, the Basic Retirement Pension), is not included in the computation of the gross family income;
The applicant should be aged 18 years and above;
The applicant should be the owner, landlord or tenant provided that the building where the water tank is installed is a principal place of residence, that is, the primary location where the applicant resides most of the time.
The house where the water tank will be installed shall not be owned by a government authority/ local authority.
The applicant should be the purchaser of the tank and domestic water pump.
Each family will be eligible to only one grant for the purchase of one water tank and one domestic water pump.
The applicant should be a registered customer of the Central Water Authority
Applicants on the Social Register are automatically eligible for the grant and are not required to produce any proof of income.
Apply For Grant
To note that the application may take up to 4-8 weeks until approval from the DBM
You will also need a written consent of the landlord (original copy), the Rent Book, and the National Identity Card of the landlord
Are you the land owner or tenant?
Your application has been submitted.
Please make sure you filled all the required fields!
Already have your Grant?
How To Apply For Grant?
Fill in the form below with all your details and submit.
You will receive a letter by post upon approval of your application after 2 months.
Call us back, we deliver your order to your doorstep & pay on delivery.
Check your application status using our tracking tool
⚠️ Before You Proceed ⚠️
Please take a clear picture of your ID and CWA Bill as shown below or it may result in delays in processing your application.